Knowledge – the fact or condition of knowing something with familiarity gained through experience or association
Helping enterprises reach further with drone solutions
Our Drone Advisory Services brings the multi-disciplinary experience needed to ensure clients realize the full potential of the disruptive Remote Piloted Aerial System (RPAS) innovations. From developing a strategy to implementing scalable operations along with the necessary systems integration, we are here to help.
Developing a Drone Strategy
There are many operations for adopting drones in every enterprise. The only question is how important drones will be to the long-term performance and sustainability of that operation.
The Drone space is rapidly evolving, but some trends are evident:
- Drone services will be a highly regulated process.
- The technology and underlying systems are still in development, so change management is a critical necessity.
- There are wide variations in the success rate, depending on the solution implemented.
- Done services are a multi-disciplinary management problem. Optimization will require skilled multi-disciplinary architects.
- Significant value advantages will accrue to those who understand how to leverage the cost, speed, safety, and other benefits of a well-tuned drone service operation.
We help our clients understand the possibilities.
In developing an implementable strategy, we weigh a careful balance between the current realities, the near-term developments, and the longer-term goals.
We navigate through the integration of all three primary layers of a good Drone Stack: Regulatory, Organizational, and Technology, to find the optimal solutions. The goal is to identify any proprietary advantages that will accrue and methods to ensure value is created and protected.
We design drone operations that are scalable, sustainable, and with high Return on Investments (ROI).
Developing a Drone Operation
Each drone mission uses a well-defined four-step SCAN process:
- Scope. Understanding the goals of the drone mission. What data is collected, what action performed, where, and when. This framework informs decisions about flight platforms, sensors, licenses, organization, and other requirements.
- Collect. For each specific scope, you will fly one or multiple drone missions. Each collection stage requires a series of clearances (weather, flight, equipment, etc.) completed before flying the drone.
- Analyze. Each drone mission will collect data that analytical tools and analysts will pore over to elicit knowledge.
- Notify. The new knowledge gleaned from the flight mission must be directed to the appropriate recipient.
In developing an implementable drone operation, we navigate through the technology options, supplier choices, decisions about in-source versus outsourcing the whole, or parts of the service.
Scaling a Drone Operation
In developing a scalable drone operation, we design to scale the SCANs:
- How is regulatory compliance achieved systematically?
- What does the organization look like? What should be inside versus outside?
- What is critical information integration required to operate at scale? How will essential information be secured?
- Most importantly, what KPIs must be in place to ensure the effectiveness, reliability, and safety of the scaled processes?
Answers to each question translate into operating procedures, policies, and systems put in place to execute SCANs at scale.
How we support our clients
Every engagement is unique, but not every aspect of the engagement is. We learn about your uniqueness, while we bring the accumulated experience of what works elsewhere to your challenge.
We are quick learners, so we get up to speed rapidly and can be productive even at the start.
Curious about Drone Advisory Services? Then…